Sunday, June 29, 2008

At It Again

Well, I took a few days off from scrapping....but not for long. I've been at it again.....working on some fun blog challenges and lots of DT work to be revealed on Tuesday. Thought I would share a few that I can.

Did this one for the song title challenge over at The Design Experiment....if you haven't checked out their blog challenges yet, I encourage you to do so.....this is the third one I've participated in and have found each one to be so inspiring.

Every New Beginning


And I managed to complete every challenge so far this month at Sisterhood of Scrap (hmm......d'ya think I might want to win that CMK kit). This week's challenge was to use a favorite TV show or movie as inspiration for a layout. I used one of my favorite shows as a kid....never missed an episode of Family Ties.

Family Ties


This week's song at Scrapping the Music was a jazz instrumental by Duke Ellington called Sentimental Mood. As soon as I heard I knew exactly what I would scrap- a photo of my grandparents. So this was entry for this week...

Sentimental Mood
(hidden journaling talks about how I wished I had known them longer)


And last one for now is for the Coconut Scrap Showdown. This week's challenge was to be creative....use a new technique or come up with a new use for a product. I struggled all week with what to do for this one.....and I happened upon it by chance. I was working on this western layout and I accidentally got some glue on it in a place I didn't want it. I went to erase it with a gum eraser and the paper started smudging off leaving it with a worn rawhide look. So I went with it. I also used an old piece of corduroy I roughened up by scraping it on the sidewalk as a photo corner. I used some old twine from a tag to make the lasso. And as I was sifting through my stash I came upon this set of chipboard that has diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs...like on a deck of cards...and the clubs to me looked like small trees.....so there you have it for my new technique and new use of product.

Oklahoma Rising


Well, now I'm off for another scrappy day.....lots more to work on......happy scrapping to you and thanks for stopping by!

21 comments:

Zarah said...

LOVE these - especially the first! :D

Marcie said...

Girl, you have on busy scrapper! They are all beautiful Amanda, I really enjoy looking at all of your amazing designs!

Jenn said...

I LOVE them!!! I love the last one! those "trees" are just too clever!!!

Dolores said...

wow Amanda you are rocking those layouts

Anonymous said...

Look at all of those beautiful layouts!!!

Oh Scrap!! said...

Great Lo's.... busy girl!
hugs,Rosa.

**Nancy** said...

Girl, you've been busy!!! I love all your layouts!!!

Raechelle Bellus said...

your layouts are gorgeous! I always enjoy seeing your wonderful work!
Good luck winning the CMK kit!
Rae

Little Miss said...

Wow, great layouts!

Unknown said...

I love how you used the crate paper with the spring fling it looks great!

Shirley said...

You have been busy girl and I must say very creative too! Great stuff!

jenney said...

Awesome pages!!

Tracey Taylor said...

You have been one busy scrapper. Don't you just love how the challenge blogs push your creativity. Lovely work, as always. Good luck with these.

V Colbourne said...

You have talent!! Woooooooo, great LO's!! Amazing!

Jona Panesa said...

loved them Amanda. those are great pages. you're on a roll!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Gorgeous work Amanda - thinking of you..
Hugs Kazan

Jessica said...

wow, you have been BUSY GIRL!!! scrappin fool more like it! gorgeous!

Unknown said...

absolutely GORGEOUS stuff!!

Pamela said...

Love them all! This is some great stuff Amanda!

just lisa said...

love all your layouts - but that first one is my favorite - gorgeous!!!!

Marcene said...

Love your layouts Amanda! Gorgeous work as always!